Kindly note that by making your deposit payment, you have understood and read our policy and therefore is subject to the terms and conditions.
REFUND AND RETURN POLICY
1. We offer returns or refunds if we have made an error or if our products arrive in an unsatisfactory condition. We will work with you to correct your order and make things right as quickly as possible.
2. Full refund inclusive of deposit will be made (where it seems fit) if we have made an error.
3. We do not, however offer refunds on orders that have not been picked up.
4. Due to the tedious, handcrafted nature of our products, we are unable to provide refunds or exchanges on custom orders in terms of design.
5. Once you or a designated party has picked up an order and paid for it, it is considered "accepted" – we will ask to make sure that everything is correct such as the design, spelling, etc. Refunds requested due to decorating style, writing, color shade, or general design will not be honored after accepting your cake. In some instances you may bring the cake back in for design adjustments but this is an additional charge if the cake has been taken.
6. All products are the responsibility of the customer once it leaves our shop. We are not responsible for any damage occurring to the cake during transport, set-up or any time thereafter. You will be given instructions on how to carry, transport, and store your cake upon pick up. Keep in mind that cakes are very fragile and damages can happen if not handled properly – such as cracks, smudges, melted frosting, etc. We only give refunds in accordance with refund policies stated below.
7. Cake flavor and texture is subjective. Refunds requested due to flavor or texture after the cake has been accepted and picked up will be done accordingly if there have been a mistake (where it seems fit). You may qualify for a percentage of a store credit if the product is brought back and the quality of the cake flavor or texture is determined to not meet our standards. Cakes must be brought back to us within a timely manner, preferably with 24 hours of pick up - please call or email us promptly to let us know of the issue. Quality determination is solely at the discretion of Mangkiu Bakes. Please understand that we cannot issue refunds for cakes that have already been completely eaten.
*Store credit percents are based on how quickly the cake is returned, how much has been consumed, and what we determine the quality to be. Store credits of any kind will not be issued to customers who do not contact us within 48 hours.
8. We want you to be satisfied with your purchase. If we have made a mistake, please call us and we will do everything we can to correct any errors.
THE FOLLOWING SCENARIOS ARE THE ONLY INSTANCE THAT WE WILL PROVIDE A CASH REFUND:
If you come to our store for pick up or if upon delivery the cake does not meet your expectations, we will give you a refund accordingly.
NOTE: If we give you a cash refund, you CANNOT keep the cake. You can only get the refund if you refuse to “accept” the cake. We will NOT negotiate a partial refund if you keep the cake. This is a “take it, or leave it” policy. We are not responsible for any expense you may incur for replacing our cake.
We will give you a cash refund if we fail to deliver or finish your cake on the date and time stated on your contract for your wedding, or event. Further, if customer provides wrong date, time or address for delivery, we will NOT provide a refund.
**We will not be responsible for any additional expenses that you incur as a result of wrongly noted location, time or written date. Our liability is limited to the contracted value of the cake.**
1. MANGKIU Bakes does not allow cancellations on internet sales because we begin processing those orders immediately.
2. Any custom cakes, or other tiered cakes cancelled less than two months from initial date of the event, will receive NO refunds on any payments made in securing the cakes, including the initial deposit or subsequent payments, up to and including final payments.
3. Specialty custom bakes cancelled four weeks before the pick up or delivery date will receive a full refund.
4. Any standard cakes cancelled less than a month before the scheduled date of the event, will receive NO refunds on any payments made in securing the cakes, including the initial deposit or subsequent payments, up to and including final payments.
5. Cakes cancelled a month before the pick up or delivery date will receive a full refund.
6. Cakes to be made earlier than agreed date will be charge a 30% increase from the total cake price. Cakes to be brought forward to future date will not be charged.
1. Payments made in securing the cakes, including the initial deposit or subsequent payments, up to and including final payments will be kept as credit up to 12 months from initial notice.
2. No refunds will be made if customers choose to cancel the cake once it has been postponed. (If customer is the party who has requested the postponement.)
3. All postponed cakes should only be valid on our operating hours and opening days. Requesting for dates where the bakery is closed will automatically consider order as cancellation - no refunds)
We will discuss better options — such as dividing credit to several cakes but if our slots are full, you will be required to choose another available slot or keep all payments as credit for future orders.
4. Please understand that some and most items or ingredients for your orders may have been purchased. All purchased toy toppers or name plaque toppers may not be refunded.